Federal Crime Attorneys in Orange County
Defending Clients Throughout Southern California
The Orange County federal criminal lawyers at Ferrentino & Associates have experience defending those accused of federal crimes. If you have been charged with violating federal law, we can discuss your rights and options.
Why Hire Ferrentino & Associates?
- 30+ Years of Combined Experience
- Over 500 Cases Tried
- Free Consultations
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist
What Does the Judge Consider in a Federal Criminal Case?
As with all types of crimes, the penalties for federal crimes can vary significantly. If you are convicted of a federal crime then the judge will consider many factors in determining your punishment.
These include the following and more:
- Your criminal record. A judge will review your criminal record to determine if he or she believes that you represent a further threat to society. A lengthy criminal record can lead to a greater sentence.
- If any violence was used. The use or threat of violence during the criminal act can significantly increase the penalty for a federal crime conviction.
- The victim involved. The type of victim (such as a child or an elderly adult) can also lead to harsher penalties.
What Are the Different Types of Federal Crimes?
A conviction on a federal crime can carry significant penalties and repercussions, which is why you need an experienced Orange County criminal defense attorney representing you. There are many different types of federal crimes that our team can provide defense for.
Some of the most common include:
- Tax evasion
- Securities fraud
- Bank fraud
- Wire and mail fraud
- Money laundering
- Medical kick back schemes
- Drug conspiracy
- Felon in possession of firearms
- Bank robbery
- Immigration fraud and human trafficking
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt organizations Act (RICO) crimes
- Public corruption and bribery
- Child pornography
Contact Ferrentino & Associates Today!
Being charged with a crime is a confusing and stressful time. It is important that you have seasoned and dedicated legal representation throughout the entire process. Ferrentino & Associates is here to discuss the charges against you. We provide criminal defense services throughout Southern California.
Contact us today at (714) 613-0801 to get trusted counsel.