Theft Crime Lawyers in Orange County
Defending Clients Throughout Southern California
Have you been arrested for a theft offense? You can reach out to Ferrentino & Associates to discuss any criminal accusations that you are facing. Theft crimes can come with serious monetary penalties and even jail time. The good news is that our team of Orange County criminal attorneys has over 30 years of combined experience working with those accused of such crimes.
We have proudly received the following recognition for our services:
- Inclusion in the Super Lawyers list (2016, 2015, 2014)
- Top Women Attorneys in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine (2016, 2015, 2014)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Association (2013)
Reach out to our Southern California defense firm at (714) 613-0801 today. We have a Certified Criminal Law Specialist ready to assist with your case.
What Are the Different Kinds of Theft Crimes?
A theft arises when someone has taken property belonging to another.
There are many types of theft crimes including:
- Petty theft. Stealing money or property that is generally of minimal value is considered petty theft. These types of thefts generally carry smaller penalties but can lead to a lingering criminal record.
- Burglary and robbery. While burglary is the forced entry with the intent of committing a crime, robbery involves the use of fear or force in order to claim the property of another. Both offenses carry serious penalties.
- Theft by deception or fraud. Violence is not required for all types of theft, deception or fraud can also be used.
- Theft of services. Theft can also occur with services (it need not be physical property or money). For example, using a mechanic to fix your car but then driving off without paying could be a theft of services.
- Receipt of stolen property. If you accept property knowing that it has been stolen, then you have likely committed a crime.
Remember that you have the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney if you have been accused of any of these theft crimes.
What Are the Penalties for Theft?
The penalties for theft vary depending on facts and circumstances. Some types of theft, such as petty theft, can lead to monetary fines and community services. More serious thefts, like robbery or burglary, can come with significant jail time.
A court will look at many factors during sentencing for a theft conviction. The court will consider whether violence was used during the theft, the amount of property that was stolen, and your criminal record. Having aggressive representation on your side to completely and accurately represented is critical to ensuring that you are not punished for a crime you did not commit or given a penalty that is unjustified.
Let our Orange County theft crime lawyers review your charges today. Call us at (714) 613-0801 to set up a consultation.